Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ideas

Crosswalk.com is a Christian website that I visit regularly to read articles on marriage, parenting, homeschooling, etc. Today I found a link to farrelcommunications.com where I found a couple of great ideas that I really want to try to implement either someday soon or sometime in the future. The article was about how to energize your quiet time...but I think they are just really neat ideas for anyone to do anytime.

*Read through a Bible and mark it up with notes and underlined passages, then give it as a gift to your child. The author here says to mark things that might help your child in a specific time in life, but I think it would also be special to them if you mark things that the Lord speaks to you about. What a great keepsake for them to have, and a wonderful way for them to get some insight into your spiritual life and relationship with God.

*Keep a miracle journal or scrapbook. I have had a similar idea before, but haven't done very well carrying it out. This is where you would write about, keep mementos, and take pictures of ways that God has answered prayer in your life or just blessed you in a special way. It's so easy to forget all the great (and miraculous) things God does because He does them so regularly and we begin to take it for granted. Keeping this scrapbook/journal would be a beautiful way to look back and remember how faithful God has been! Your kids would also learn about God's faithfulness in times when they were too young to remember or realize how He was working in their lives.

*Memorize at least one verse from every book in the Bible. I think I could do this in a year. That would be a great goal. Then at the end of the year, I hope I can say them all (even in order)!

I think I can already see my Christmas list forming...
-New Bible (used for ideas 1 and 3).
-Scrapbook

Uh oh, baby is crying...

No comments: